Key points since the last update on July 31, 2019:
- A total of 16 ill people have been added to this investigation.
- A total of 143 people infected with the outbreak strains of Salmonella have been reported from 35 states. Of the people infected, 33 have been hospitalized. No deaths have been reported.
- No single supplier, distributor or common brand of pig ear treats has been identified that could account for all the illnesses. More products could be recalled as testing identifies Salmonella.
- *On August 16, 2019, Dog Goods USA LLC recalled non-irradiated bulk and packaged Chef Toby Pig Ears.
- *FDA and CDC continue to advise consumers to avoid all pig ear pet treats and retailers to stop selling all pig ear treats at this time.
Additional information can be found on the FDA’s investigation page: Click Here